|Too Gross For Comfort||Gallery||Transcript|
Too Gross For Comfort is the twenty-third episode in Season 1 of Clarence.
Chelsea, a girl from school invades the school boys' treehouse, and they must gross her out so she leaves.
The boys went to their tree house and was uncomfortable with Chelsea around joining them. so they made a plan to gross Chelsea so she would leave. each boy tried to gross Chelsea out but their grossness isn't enough for Chelsea. It's Sumo's turn to gross Chelsea out. Sumo was the grossest one among the boys. Chelsea and Sumo did great grossing each other. But however, The two both thought of the same gross thing. By kissing each other. The boys were grossed out (except for Clarence) and said "aww you two are going to get married and have kids one that looks like you and her." The two both opened their eyes and was grossed out so they ran.
- Emilio's Sister
- Julien's Parents
- Mel Sumozski (flashback)
- Sumo's Brothers (flashback)
- Tanner (flashback)
- The episode title is pun name for referring "Too Close for Comfort".
- A part similar to the ending of the episode was in the intro. However there were three major differences. #1, Mavis and Coco were in the intro but they did not appear at all in the episode #2, Chelsea is seen running out of the treehouse with Jeff, Julien, Dustin and Emilio. #3, The explodsion of the rotten egg smell was also absent in the intro.
- This episode confirms Sumo's crush on Chelsea while revealing her own mutual feelings for him.
- Although both were disgusted about (right after they kissed before backing up) as in later episodes, it was never brought up again.
- This is also the second time two people kiss.
Pop Culture References
- When Emilio and Jeff told their disgusting stories they are parodies of the famous horror films Halloween and Pyscho respectively.
- During Sumo and Chelsea's story duel, one of the stories Sumo tells is about his friend on the "ice planet" cutting open a creature. This is a parody of the scene in the 1980 film Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back in which Han Solo uses Luke Skywalker's lightsaber to slice open his dead tauntaun so it can be used as a makeshift shelter. Chelsea even states "that's from a movie!"
- In the Dud Egg scene, The first time the goo covers all of Clarence's face, but the second time it only goes in his mouth.