Sumo devotes himself to the Sisyphean task of building a boat, defying the expectations of everyone in his life, including himself.
It all starts in Mr. Reese's detention class, where you can see Belson, Nathan, Dustin, Guyler, Percy and Sumo. Sumo is doing an exercise on what he did to be punished, he does it his style, until Clarence comes to get everyone's attention, when Mr. Reese sees him, Clarence escapes without seeing anything and Mr. Reese says that he will catch him, after a while, when Sumo delivers his exam, Mr. Reese gets angry and tells him to redo his exam for next week. Afterwards, Clarence, Sumo and Jeff are in Sumo's house thinking about what they could build, until Mel Sumouski arrives and tells him that the dogs have been thrown in the garbage, so Sumo must clear the whole yard, Mel excuse with Clarence and Jeff and tell them to come back the next day, Clarence offers Sumo help, but this one denies him because he wanted to do it alone, so Clarence and Jeff leave. Then Sumo's brothers are fighting each other until Sumo's mother gives them all chicken wings, they begin to eat them desperately, and Sumo enters, who sits between his two older brothers, Sumo's mother gives him a little bite, while Sumo's father talks to Sumo's older brothers about a friend's boat, Sumo tries to tell him he'll build a boat, Sumo's father tells him he will not believe it if he does not see it. Then the Sumo Brothers are sleeping and Sumo reading a book about boats, until one of the older brothers interrupts him and takes the book, he tells him that he is very stupid and throws it. In the next scene, Sumo is trying to build a boat and calls Clarence and Jeff, but they refuse to go home, at that moment Mr. Reese arrives and tells him that he has to start alone. Then he sees Sumo taking things from his yard to build the boat; then sees him spending a long time constructing it, then Clarence arrives and offers him help, but Sumo refuses and throws him out of his house. In the next scene, Clarence, Jeff and Sumo are having lunch at school, Sumo apologizes to Clarence for yelling at him, Clarence asks him if he wants to go to the movies with him and Jeff, but Sumo will not go because he will be making the boat. Then Clarence is in his bed talking alone with a Santa Claus doll. In the next scene, Sumo is working on his boat and the father arrives, this one tells him that they are away from the nearest water course and that he does not catch cold, Sumo ignores him and continues to work, but something goes wrong and destroys everything what he's been doing; At that point, Clarence and Jeff arrive at Sumo's house to help him. Then the three are building the boat together. Then, one of Sumo's older brothers takes them to a waterway in his truck because he wanted to see them all sink, when the three of them get on the boat, they start to party and after a while, they show what they did in all the while, while Sumo tells his story about the boat to Mr. Reese, he is excited by the story and starts to cry, there ends the episode.
- Mr. Reese
- Mrs. Sumozski
- Sumo's Brothers
- Brandi Sumouski (debut)
- Mary (mentioned)
- The Blue Jay shown is likely a Western Scrub Jay as blue jays don't live in Arizona.
- This is the first episode that Sumo is a main character, as well the first one that Clarence is the second main character.
- This episode marks Mrs. Sumozski's first speaking role.
- This episode reveals all of Sumo's siblings: 8 younger brothers, 2 older brothers, and one sister.
- Later in "Suspended, the ninth one is a infant.
- Mr. Reese reveals that he used to be a cop in this episode.
- This was the first episode where Sumo gets mad at Clarence.
- The background music when Clarence, Sumo, and Jeff are building their boat is similar to the 1982 song 'Safety Dance' by Men Without Hats.
- Sumo is jokingly referred to by his dad as Noah due to Sumo wanting to build a boat and Noah (from the bible) built a boat too to save the animals and his family from the flood.
- Sumo building a boat is similar to the fourth book in The Giver Quartet, in which Gabe builds a boat out of planks to find his mother. It is also similar in that both boats end up sinking eventually.
- While the boys in the detention class laugh at Jim, Nathan's skin color is the same as Sumo.