|Clarence Gets a Girlfriend||Gallery||Transcript|
"Clarence Gets a Girlfriend" is the sixth episode in Season 1 of Clarence.
Clarence tries to become a perfect gentleman before a date.
Clarence makes a person out of clay and puts it on a toy motorcycle. He runs around the room playing with it. Just then he stops next to Ashley's binder and asks if he can do a backflip with his clay toy over it. Ashley replies yes. When Clarence walks away, Ashley's friends tell her that Clarence and she are getting closer together, they want her to go to Clarence and ask him out on a date. Ashley goes and tells Clarence if he wants to go out on a date. Clarence mutters for a while and then replies that he will. When Clarence sits next to Jeff and Sumo at the cafeteria, he tells them he has a girlfriend. Jeff spits out the juice he was drinking and runs into another room. He says that he should be the one to have a girlfriend. Clarence asks Sumo to teach him how to be the perfect gentleman. Sumo and Clarence go to a thrift store and Clarence tries on some clothes. Jeff spies on Clarence while he is trying on clothes. After picking one out, Sumo teaches Clarence what to do when there's a puddle when they are walking. Sumo says for Clarence to throw his jacket on the puddle so Sumo can walk on it. Lastely, Sumo takes Clarence to Jeff's house so Jeff can make Clarence interseting. After the computer is going to slow, Jeff writes down some questions for Clarence to ask Ashley. Now Clarence goes to the restaurant and meets Ashley. Clarence reads off of the paper Jeff wrote for him and Ashley figures out that he is reading off a paper. A couple tables away, Jeff and Sumo were spying on Clarence and Ashley. Ashley orderes a milkshake and Clarence saw a picture of a boy and a girl drinking out of the same milkshake. So Clarence grabs a straw and tries to put it in, but the milkshake splattered all over Ashley. So Clarence did what Sumo taught him about the puddle but nothing worked. Ashley said that they should just go back to normal friends. Clarence agrees and they go to the creek at the back of the school with Jeff and Sumo to catch frogs. Jeff asks Clarence if Ashley is available (because he has a crush on her, even though it's not intentional.) Clarence just says to be like a frog in the creek who is floating on its back not doing anything. Sumo suggests it's dead. Clarence said that he'll give Sumo a dollar if he eats it. Sumo then said "deal".
- Sumo's Brothers (Mentioned)
- Ashley's Friends
- Malessica (background cameo)
- Amy Shtuzger
- This episode marks the first time Clarence or any character is seen shirtless.
- There seems to be a running gag around one of Sumo's brothers in this episode.
- This episode features Patsie's first speaking role.
- One of the outfits Clarence tries is from the album cover of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
- In the scene where Sumo teaches Clarence how to be a gentleman, Clarence references Chia Pets, even mentioning them by name.
- Pizza Shack is a parody of Pizza Hut
- Amy Shtuzger has a cat on her shirt that resembles Hello kitty.
- While not credited, Spencer Rothbell wrote the segment of the episode in which Clarence is on the computer.